- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- What is ICWA (2016)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- WHAT is the 60s Scoop
- Search Angels (free)
- OBC ACCESS 2023
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
NEED HELP WITH AN ADOPTEE SEARCH? Have questions? Use comment form at the bottom of this website.
- ► 2023 (169)
- ► 2022 (282)
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- DR GABOR MATÉ - CHILDHOOD TRAUMA CREATES ADDICTION...
- We are more than adoptees
- Iowan talks about being taken from her Native Amer...
- Birthfathers: What they lived and experienced
- For those non-Indians who wish to commemorate the ...
- The "Indian Problem"
- Original Birth Certificate Rights #NAAM2019
- We see exactly what Goldwater wants #AttackonICWA ...
- Migrant children may be adopted after parents are ...
- Spiritual Abuse: RAD (3 parts) by Levi Eagle Feather
- NARF responds to Goldwater Attack on #ICWA
- Native American History is American History + taki...
- GUEST POST: Wiping the Tears: To us, You Belong
- Guatemala Trafficking #NAAM2019
- Woman Who Returns: Adopted into her Haida clan aft...
- Fifth Circuit to Review Brackeen Decision En Banc
- Montana editorial: ICWA is working
- The Invisible Storm of Trauma #NAAM2019 #C-PTSD
- Why ICWA matters in 2019 and beyond #NAAM2019
- #NAAM2019 tweets
- HISTORIC: Gov. Cuomo signs bill giving adopted peo...
- ICWA articles
- PTSD | Time Machine
- “I’ll Take That One” #NAAM2019
- Bitterroot: finalist in Colorado Book Awards #NAAM...
- I look at it as a human rights issue #NAAM2019
- Think about these quotes #NAAM2019
- Names of 2,800 children who died in residential sc...
- Stop blogging about "YOUR" adoptees (rehoming)
- You Can’t Counsel Yourself into Belonging #NAAM2019
- First Haida language film offers rare, powerful gl...
- Memes #NAAM2019
- If only birthparents had to write that letter! #NA...
- State-Tribal Relations Committee takes up treaty r...
- The Indian Child Welfare Act Turns 41
- Teens, Sex Ed and Birth Control #NAAM2019
- What adoption cost me #NAAM2019
- What has and has not happened… #NAAM2019
- Adoption Reunion | Be selfless for adoptees and se...
- US Court of Appeals for Fifth Circuit to Rehear In...
- Adopted Babies Grieve* #NAAM2019 Adoption and Chil...
- Federal Court approves Indian day schools class-ac...
- I Am Not Your Orphan #NAAM2019
- BRINGING OUR CHILDREN HOME events in Manitoba
- The 60s Scoop settlement and the issues behind it ...
- The Sixties Scoop #NAAM2019
- Canada's Secret Scoop #NAAM2019
- #NAAM2019 - ICAV - coming out of the adoptee fog
- #NAAM2019: National Adoption Awareness Month begin...
- Vine Deloria's last video interview #NAAM2019 #blo...
- Seminole #HonorNativeLand
- ▼ November (51)
- ► 2018 (97)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- ► 2013 (221)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (143)
- ► 2010 (52)
Most READ Posts
By Trace Hentz Back in 2011, I posted a story on this blog about the book SUDDEN FURY and the grizzly murder of Maryland adoptive paren...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Coerced and forced sterilization of Indigenous women and girls: This is what genocide looks like in Canada | The StarDespite Canada’s benevolent veneer, its history is replete with examples of genocidal medical violence inflicted upon Indigenous commu...
Using DNA tests, Dean Lerat has created a massive family tree for the Treaty 4 territory in Saskatchewan... By day, Dean Lerat is an RCMP st...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Canada's Residential Schools
You are not alone
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Diane Tells His Name
We conclude this series & continue the conversation by naming that adoption is genocide. This naming refers to the process of genocide that breaks kinship ties through adoption & other forms of family separation & policing 🧵#NAAM2022 #AdoptionIsTraumaAND #AdopteeTwitter #FFY 1/6 pic.twitter.com/46v0mWISZ1— Adoptee Futures CIC (@AdopteeFutures) November 29, 2022
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.