|Ellowyn sews a star quilt for her family memorial in 2007|
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Search This Blog
Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
Most READ Posts
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
Skeptics of Veronica, Desaray cases call for closer look at private adoptions, laws Andrew Knapp ...
Baby V (Cherokee) Fletcher and Fort’s Rewritten Opinion in Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl January 8, 2021 Matthew L.M. Fle...
From Indigenous feminism to the real story of Thanksgiving to a de-colonialist take on Star Trek, these podcasts show how the issues facin...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
REBLOG By Trace L Hentz (5/14/2015) So much about adoption is complicated for the adoptee. If you are like me, you ma...
Like other #Americans , #adoptees are struggling for stability during #COVID19 . B/c some adoptees weren’t naturalized by their US citizen ...
- PART FOUR: Victims of Adoptions and Lies: Ceremony...
- In Many Cases, Children were Abducted
- US churches and traumatic legacy of Native America...
- A whole line of political and civil service leader...
- What the U.S.A. can learn from our northern neighb...
- Victims of Adoption and Lies, Control the Message ...
- Part 3: Victims of Adoption and Lies: Control the ...
- Lost Lives, Lost Culture
- BACKGROUND: painful month for Canada's Indigenous ...
- Rosebud ancestors buried in emotional ceremony | C...
- Indigenous Kids' Bodies Recovered — Not Discovered...
- At one former Native American school in Oklahoma, ...
- The Return: Remains of Indigenous children at Carl...
- Indigenous chief to Trudeau: Turn over residential...
- 'We've known this,' AFN national chief on former K...
- Unmarked Graves at Indian Residential Schools Spea...
- This entire country is haunted (Canada)
- Brock experts want action following discovery of u...
- These were children. Every child mattered. It was ...
- 160 more Unmarked Graves
- Early Indian Mission Schools, Moravian, Presbyteri...
- Chief Louis of Kamloops
- Albert Mountain Horse and St. Paul Military Traini...
- Vicar of Oblate of Mary Immaculate Missions and St...
- Methodist Missionary Caroline Knott and the Coqual...
- Grave Digger Bishop and Architect of some Resident...
- It’s long past time for our country to apologize p...
- 'One day there will be no children in care,' says ...
- Indian Boarding School Survivors Take Action at Ca...
- Sixties Scoop survivor speaks her truth: 'I'm not ...
- Safety During a Violent Encounter
- Restoring and Reclaiming Indigenous Family Names (...
- The investigation that will change how America thi...
- Shawnee man, victim of 60s Scoop, seeks truth abou...
- ▼ July (34)
- ► 2020 (107)
- ► 2019 (202)
- ► 2018 (98)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (145)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
click to listen
Diane Tells His Name
where were you adopted?
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.