- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Search This Blog
Friday, October 11, 2013
I wanted to share this blog post - Marley shares my views.
Many of us see it this way: Adoption is trafficking in children. Billions of dollars are made internationally selling babies each year. Their sealing our adoption files and changing and falsifying our birth certificates makes adoptees disappear on paper, concealing our identity. Finding our way back to our families of origin and tribal nations is not easy with these archaic laws. Veronica Brown's case shined a light on adoption in a very big way - so now we can ALL see it....now we cannot NOT see it... adoption needs to change and be abolished...Trace
Tribal leaders share their views Here
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Most READ Posts
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
Skeptics of Veronica, Desaray cases call for closer look at private adoptions, laws Andrew Knapp ...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
Baby V (Cherokee) Fletcher and Fort’s Rewritten Opinion in Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl January 8, 2021 Matthew L.M. Fle...
From Indigenous feminism to the real story of Thanksgiving to a de-colonialist take on Star Trek, these podcasts show how the issues facin...
REBLOG By Trace L Hentz (5/14/2015) So much about adoption is complicated for the adoptee. If you are like me, you ma...
Don Lemon Wasn’t Having Any Of Rick Santorum’s Comments About Native History on CNN “Did he actually think it was a good idea for him to com...
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- ► 2019 (202)
- ► 2018 (98)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- Improving the Lives of Native American children, b...
- Capobiancos sit down for Dr. Phil interview #BABY ...
- Lawsuit Proceeds for Canada's Lost Generation 60s ...
- Last Real Indians: The Missionary is Back
- ADOPTION INDUSTRY TRAFFICKERS: The Light is on YOU
- #Baby Deseray NEWS
- Veronica pool party and fundraisers by those who w...
- Adoption Corruption Never Sleeps #BABY DESARAY/DES...
- Veronica deserved better #BABY VERONICA #WICWA
- Beacon Hill Training: Two Worlds: an adoption tale
- Adoption failure? Sure, it's called rehoming
- Baby Veronica & Baby Deseray: Sold Babies!
- Dusten Brown honored by NCAI
- Angel Smith on decision not to pursue civil right ...
- Calling out to Native Adoptees, Lost Birds #ICWA
- Help Innocent Yankton Sioux Families #ICWA
- Viral Video #BABYVERONICA
- Good Tips: Emotional Vampires
- The Daily Bastardette: Bloody but Unbowed: Dusten ...
- Dusten Brown to stop custody fight #BABYVERONICA
- A Glimmer of Hope #ICWA #BABYVERONICA
- Troy the Locator on #BABYVERONICA
- Adopting a Child in America: What “Baby Veronica” ...
- Petition to put fathers names back on original bir...
- Haley drops effort to extradite Dusten Brown from ...
- Native Adoptee Susan Fedorko: Veronica’s 'Lost Bir...
- UPDATE: What happened to RONNIE BROWN and ICWA? (e...
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (145)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
click to listen
Diane Tells His Name
where were you adopted?
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.