are launching a series of programs on searching, with the first one
this month focusing on search angels, birth searches, and the difference
between domestic and intercountry adoptees in finding their origins.
Join us for Search 101: A Primer and More, on Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 3pm Pacific/5pm Central/6pm Eastern (USA and Canada).
Global times are December 14, 2022, at 12:00am (Amsterdam); 4:30am (Mumbai) and 10:00am (Sydney)
We will be with Lynelle Long of Intercountry Adoptee Voices (ICAV)
and Annette O’Connell of Adoptees United as they introduce the basics
of searching, not only for US-born adoptees but also for intercountry
adoptees. We’ll discuss as many questions that we can fit in, plus take
on a few we have teed up already. Register today for this AU-produced event.
We’ll discuss many questions:
- What should I know about the process even if I wanted to search?
- What are the differences between a domestic (US-based) search and one involving a specific country and intercountry adoption?
- What’s a Search Angel and how do I find one? What do they charge, or aren’t they supposed to be free?
- What is an intercountry adoptee birth search and what does it involve? Are there resources to help?
- What can DNA do for me and what are the limitations of it, especially across the globe?
- How do I handle cultural and language differences?
- What are the ethics of searching and what should I be careful about?
- Who makes contact with a possible birth relative and how should that be handled?
. This event will be recorded, though we would still love to see you there. -Gregory Luce
Post a Comment
Please: Share your reaction, your thoughts, and your opinions. Be passionate, be unapologetic. Offensive remarks will not be published. We are getting more and more spam. Comments will be monitored.
Use the comment form at the bottom of this website which is private and sent direct to Trace.