Attorney General Eric Holder just announced the launch of an ICWA initiative to address ICWA noncompliance and halt the unnecessary and illegal removal of Indian children from their families.
The initiative mirrors the recommendations NICWA has made in countless pieces of testimony submitted, policy briefings provided to officials, and hundreds of hours working behind the scenes, building on the relationships and reputation we have carefully nurtured in over 30 years of working on Capitol Hill.
We use our invitation to the policymaking table to advocate tirelessly, ensuring YOUR stories and concerns are shared with those at the highest level. Chief among these been reports of widespread noncompliance with ICWA. NICWA has listened to you, and called for accountability for those who have disrupted and damaged our families.
We applaud today's announcement.
Your voices have been heard.
Here is an excerpt from today's announcement by Holder:
The full speech can be read here.
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- Karen Vigneault - Helping Native Adoptees Search
- About Trace
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- Soaring Angels (search help for adoptees)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- Split Feathers Study
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Oklahoma Supreme Court RULING: Brown v.Delapp (9-2...
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Lara Trace Hentz blog
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- #MMIWG MAY 2019
How to Use this Blog
ALSO, if you buy any of the books at the links provided, the editor will earn a small amount of money or commission. (we thank you) (that is our disclaimer statement)
This is a blog. It is not a peer-reviewed journal, not a sponsored publication... The ideas, news and thoughts posted are sourced… or written by the editor or contributors.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Atty Gen Eric Holder announces #ICWA INITIATIVE today
click to listen
Listening to The Other Side of Adoption with Trace A DeMeyer by Fire Talk Production https://t.co/6SGuMcotmn— TraceLHentz (@StonePony33) January 17, 2019
Please support NARF