- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- Karen Vigneault - Helping Native Adoptees Search
- About Trace
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- Soaring Angels (search help for adoptees)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- Split Feathers Study
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Oklahoma Supreme Court RULING: Brown v.Delapp (9-2...
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Lara Trace Hentz blog
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- #MMIWG MAY 2019
How to Use this Blog
ALSO, if you buy any of the books at the links provided, the editor will earn a small amount of money or commission. (we thank you) (that is our disclaimer statement)
This is a blog. It is not a peer-reviewed journal, not a sponsored publication... The ideas, news and thoughts posted are sourced… or written by the editor or contributors.
Saturday, April 4, 2015
AAC, SEO, Adoption Industry Profits? Read this
I was very fortunate to attend the American Adoption Congress annual gathering in Cambridge, Massachusetts one week ago today... I sat on the Lost Daughters panel made up of unique and passionate adoptees who like me have been blogging on Lost Daughters and writing on their own blogs. It was my first time meeting them in person and they are all honest outspoken activists who care deeply about adoptee rights and finding our voices. You might recall last November seeing a trend of tweets about #FLIP THE SCRIPT and #VALID VOICES - those hashtags (#s) originated at Lost Daughters BLOG, created by Lost Daughter blogger Rosita!
One big thing I felt about AAC was the unity. The first moms and adoptees had their voice respected and heard. My friend Lindy was with me and she is a first mom. Lindy is working on a book interviewing 15 birth moms and she blogs "Telling Our Stories for the Sake of Truth" here. We are still talking about what we learned, who we met, and the conference itself.
The morning workshop we attended was on SEO (search engine optimization) and blog tips that help readers find blogs and websites, taught by savvy first mom Claudia Corrigan DArcy. (Claud is in reunion with her son Max who was there!)
SEO is critical in the age of social media to help readers find relevant writing and new thinking on adoption by searching Google, Bing and other search engines. I learned so much from Claud and will put it to work on this blog. (I am doing some things correctly as I do share these posts on Facebook and Twitter.) (You can share these posts too!)
Claudia blogged recently about Adoption Industry Profits. I wrote on this blog that billions are earned each year and it's alarming as well as profit-driven.
Please take a look and read the stats:
Please read Lost Daughters blog and subscribe!
The more we learn and share, and help each other, the greater the impact!
[I am getting a brand new second edition of TWO WORLDS ready for publication. I will post more when it's all done...]
click to listen
Listening to The Other Side of Adoption with Trace A DeMeyer by Fire Talk Production https://t.co/6SGuMcotmn— TraceLHentz (@StonePony33) January 17, 2019
Please support NARF