I have been in touch with Lakota officials to offer information about other tribe's foster care systems - and what is working in Indian Country. This conference is great news. We need to help families stay together and if not, use kinship care for all our Native children... Trace
As fears mount over state misconduct, tribes focus on creating their own foster care systems
The $56 million that’s going to the state of South Dakota should be coming to us so we can keep our families together,” Chase Iron Eyes, a private attorney and member of the Standing Rock Sioux, told attendees. “That’s the bottom line.
- Sioux tribes to discuss foster care, sacred sites (rapidcityjournal.com)
- South Dakota commits shocking genocide against Native Americans (intrepidreport.com)
- Lakota to File UN Genocide Charges Against US, South Dakota (earthfirstnews.wordpress.com)
- Author, teacher of endangered Lakota language dies (khou.com)
- Lakota People’s Law Project Supports Historic Lakota Sioux Oceti Sakowin Development Conference (prweb.com)