- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- OBC ACCESS 2023
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- WHAT is the 60s Scoop
- Search Angels (free)
- What is ICWA (2023)
- SEARCH ANGELS (UPDATE 2023)
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
NEED HELP WITH AN ADOPTEE SEARCH? Have questions? Use comment form at the bottom of this website.
Monday, July 29, 2013
CT Adult Adoptees want access to OBC
- ► 2023 (225)
- ► 2022 (281)
- ► 2021 (257)
- ► 2020 (106)
- ► 2019 (199)
- ► 2018 (96)
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (197)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (167)
- Civil Right Complaint Filed in #BabyVeronica Dispute
- New Roundtable: Will Veronica Become the Next Lost...
- “Baby Veronica” case back at the Court (UPDATED)
- CT Adult Adoptees want access to OBC
- An interview with Rhonda Noonan-Churchill
- Solomon's Child: Baby Veronica
- Baby Veronica’s Birth Mother Sues to Declare ICWA ...
- FAMILY PRESERVATION ADVOCACY: UPDATE on the Evil C...
- [Birth Mother] First Mother Forum: Adoptive parent...
- Resolutions FAVORING Indian Child Welfare Act
- Parents at odds; 1 little girl in the middle: The ...
- Update in #BabyVeronica Case
- GUEST POST: Levi EagleFeather Sr. "You Belong to Me"
- Cherokee Nation court grants joint custody of Baby...
- NCAI, NICWA, NARF statements #BABYVERONICA
- #BabyVeronica Press Release
- Baby Veronica Press Conference — 1 PM Eastern Today
- NICWA Responds to SC Supreme Court Decision on Bab...
- Adoption Order Exacts Toll on Baby Veronica's Family
- NCAI STATEMENT ON BABY VERONICA
- ICWA dismantled puts other Native kids at risk #B...
- Breaking News: Baby Veronica
- Adopted or Abducted: Dan Rather Reports
- '60s scoop' survivors back in Toronto court
- Birth Mother Speaks in Baby Veronica Case: Analysis
- Adoption Trafficking Awareness Event July 20
- In response to the Wash Post and Christy Maldanado...
- Birthmother of Baby Veronica : give her to adoptiv...
- Baby Veronica and the fight to preserve Native Ame...
- South Dakota tribes to reinvent foster care
- Update on Baby Girl proceedings #BABY VERONICA
- GUEST POST: Levi EagleFeather Sr.
- Facebook page WHO AM I goes viral with adoptee photos
- Drama over Baby Veronica goes on (UPDATED)
- Baby Veronica Case updates
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2012 (168)
- ► 2011 (143)
- ► 2010 (52)
Most READ Posts
By Trace Hentz Back in 2011, I posted a story on this blog about the book SUDDEN FURY and the grizzly murder of Maryland adoptive paren...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Using DNA tests, Dean Lerat has created a massive family tree for the Treaty 4 territory in Saskatchewan... By day, Dean Lerat is an RCMP st...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Coerced and forced sterilization of Indigenous women and girls: This is what genocide looks like in Canada | The StarDespite Canada’s benevolent veneer, its history is replete with examples of genocidal medical violence inflicted upon Indigenous commu...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
Lyncoya was a living argument for the supremacy of the white way of life. Jackson killed Creek people, took Creek land, and raised their ...
Canada's Residential Schools
You are not alone
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Diane Tells His Name
We conclude this series & continue the conversation by naming that adoption is genocide. This naming refers to the process of genocide that breaks kinship ties through adoption & other forms of family separation & policing 🧵#NAAM2022 #AdoptionIsTraumaAND #AdopteeTwitter #FFY 1/6 pic.twitter.com/46v0mWISZ1— Adoptee Futures CIC (@AdopteeFutures) November 29, 2022
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.