- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- Karen Vigneault - Helping Native Adoptees Search
- About Trace
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- Soaring Angels (search help for adoptees)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- Split Feathers Study
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Oklahoma Supreme Court RULING: Brown v.Delapp (9-2...
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Lara Trace Hentz blog
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- #MMIWG MAY 2019
How to Use this Blog
ALSO, if you buy any of the books at the links provided, the editor will earn a small amount of money or commission. (we thank you) (that is our disclaimer statement)
This is a blog. It is not a peer-reviewed journal, not a sponsored publication... The ideas, news and thoughts posted are sourced… or written by the editor or contributors.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Sea Glass & Other Fragments: Five Categories of Adoptees Missing from the "Vocal Minority...: That phrase, "they don't talk about being adopted so they don't care about it." Don't use silence to dismiss thoughts...
My thoughts: Without the internet, I wouldn't even have this blog AMERICAN INDIAN ADOPTEES or even know about the above post. I wouldn't be able to read the voices, views and written words of the adopted. In a real sense, I would not have moved from the thick dark fog to the "knowing" place where I am today. By the way, I am still changing - every - single - day. I cannot believe how different I am since I started ONE SMALL SACRIFICE to the next book TWO WORLDS. I have not been threatened by anyone to shut up about my views on adoption -- well, not yet anyway. I am not a silenced adoptee though I am sure there are people who wish I would just stop reporting on issues like the Baby Veronica case. I can see clearly that denying this horrific history only dooms us to repeat it. I can see that the Indian Adoption Projects was ANCESTRICIDE - a way to extract Indians from tribal rolls and make us American-protypes. These projects and programs erased our ancestry and identity in sealed closed adoptions. This was genocide for many tribes. I do not judge those who adopted us. I do not expect an apology from the American government or even an acknowledgment of what they did. I judge the governments and individuals who created adoption programs to remove Indian children from their families....That was an atrocity and evil... Trace
click to listen
Listening to The Other Side of Adoption with Trace A DeMeyer by Fire Talk Production https://t.co/6SGuMcotmn— TraceLHentz (@StonePony33) January 17, 2019
Please support NARF