It's that time of year again when we call out for our relatives who are making their way back to the circle. We also encourage birth mothers/fathers and relatives to be part of this celebration of life and healing.
Dancers! Please come dance and welcome our relatives back to our circle.
Adoptees/formerly fostered individuals, birth relatives, foster parents, foster youth, adoptive parents and your children - this pow wow is for you............come and celebrate and let us celebrate with you!
1. Adoptees/formerly fostered individuals and birth relatives are invited to gather in the auditorium on the 2nd floor of the Indian Center. There we will meet and visit with other adoptees. We will meet at 10:00 a.m. - 2 hours before the 1:00 grand entry.
2. The ceremony for adoptees/fostered individuals and others who wish to be part of the ceremony, will be sometime in the afternoon session around 3:00.
3. The meeting room will be open again after the ceremony so we can process and talk about the ceremony or whatever else may be on your mind.
4. Sometime after the evening grand entry there will be an honor song for all our Young Relatives who have experienced foster care.
5. There will be an honor song for all our foster and adoptive parents and their families.
Gathering for Our Children & Returning Adoptees Pow wow
November 4, 2017
1530 EAST FRANKLIN AVENUE, MINNEAPOLIS, MN www.maicnet.org for directions
My cousin had his boy adopted out in early 1970's. His son was adopted out to the states. Its wasn't until his sister looked and found him that he has now been hhttp://rightojibwe.blogspot.ca/2017/07/the-search-by-young-sister-to-find-her.htmlReplyDelete
Great news Steve. I hope this happens more!ReplyDelete