- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- What is ICWA (2016)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- WHAT is the 60s Scoop
- Search Angels (free)
- OBC ACCESS 2023
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
NEED HELP WITH AN ADOPTEE SEARCH? Have questions? Use comment form at the bottom of this website.
Friday, December 6, 2019
- ► 2023 (170)
- ► 2022 (282)
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- Untold Native American histories
- Wounded Knee Massacre December 29 1890
- Lost Bird of Wounded Knee Zintkala Nuni
- Indigenous Slaves, known as Panis
- The Other Slavery
- Kikotan Massacre
- Breaking the Maya Code: The Intolerance Meme
- Top Stories of 2019: The Indian Child Welfare Act ...
- Indian Warriors: The Untold Story of the Civil War
- Genocide at Yosemite
- I've never told anyone
- Adults bamboozled me into believing in Santa Claus
- Indian Land Forever
- Native Americans Weren't Guaranteed the Right to V...
- Slaughtered in the Name of ‘Civilization’
- What the winter solstice means in the Cree traditi...
- #MMIWG on The View
- One Thousand Wars
- Halfbreed, a memoir
- Top Book of 2019
- What does Manifest Destiny mean?
- Women of the White Buffalo Trailer
- When was American great? Battle of Bad Axe Massacre
- Sand Creek Massacre: 04 Causes and Consequences - ...
- Amicus Briefs filed in Texas v. Bernhardt #ICWA
- Won’t Somebody Please Think of the Children
- DAKOTA 38 - Full Movie in HD
- Poet Layli Long Soldier reads from Whereas
- The Walker War
- Ghost Dance: A Symbol of Defiance
- 50th annual National Day of Mourning
- Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment
- Dear Georgina, the film
- Gold Chains: Slavery of California Natives, Child ...
- 10 books about residential schools to read with yo...
- Mass Sterilization: Reproduction on the Rez
- Eisenhower policy of "assimilation" led to adoption
- My Spirit is Still Here #MMIWG
- The Severed Heads Campaign
- Native American in newsrooms
- States Move to Add Native American History to Curr...
- Real Life Monster Andew Jackson
- Honor the Treaties: Why Treaties Matter
- Compensation owed for suffering of First Nations c...
- How adoption trafficking works: rooted to missiona...
- Honoring Dr. Suzan Harjo
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2018 (97)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- ► 2013 (221)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (143)
- ► 2010 (52)
Most READ Posts
By Trace Hentz Back in 2011, I posted a story on this blog about the book SUDDEN FURY and the grizzly murder of Maryland adoptive paren...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Coerced and forced sterilization of Indigenous women and girls: This is what genocide looks like in Canada | The StarDespite Canada’s benevolent veneer, its history is replete with examples of genocidal medical violence inflicted upon Indigenous commu...
Using DNA tests, Dean Lerat has created a massive family tree for the Treaty 4 territory in Saskatchewan... By day, Dean Lerat is an RCMP st...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Canada's Residential Schools
You are not alone
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Diane Tells His Name
We conclude this series & continue the conversation by naming that adoption is genocide. This naming refers to the process of genocide that breaks kinship ties through adoption & other forms of family separation & policing 🧵#NAAM2022 #AdoptionIsTraumaAND #AdopteeTwitter #FFY 1/6 pic.twitter.com/46v0mWISZ1— Adoptee Futures CIC (@AdopteeFutures) November 29, 2022
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.