- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Search This Blog
Friday, December 6, 2019
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Most READ Posts
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
Skeptics of Veronica, Desaray cases call for closer look at private adoptions, laws Andrew Knapp ...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
Baby V (Cherokee) Fletcher and Fort’s Rewritten Opinion in Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl January 8, 2021 Matthew L.M. Fle...
From Indigenous feminism to the real story of Thanksgiving to a de-colonialist take on Star Trek, these podcasts show how the issues facin...
REBLOG By Trace L Hentz (5/14/2015) So much about adoption is complicated for the adoptee. If you are like me, you ma...
Don Lemon Wasn’t Having Any Of Rick Santorum’s Comments About Native History on CNN “Did he actually think it was a good idea for him to com...
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- Untold Native American histories
- Wounded Knee Massacre December 29 1890
- Lost Bird of Wounded Knee Zintkala Nuni
- Indigenous Slaves, known as Panis
- The Other Slavery
- Kikotan Massacre
- Breaking the Maya Code: The Intolerance Meme
- Top Stories of 2019: The Indian Child Welfare Act ...
- Indian Warriors: The Untold Story of the Civil War
- Genocide at Yosemite
- I've never told anyone
- Adults bamboozled me into believing in Santa Claus
- Indian Land Forever
- Native Americans Weren't Guaranteed the Right to V...
- Slaughtered in the Name of ‘Civilization’
- What the winter solstice means in the Cree traditi...
- #MMIWG on The View
- One Thousand Wars
- Halfbreed, a memoir
- Top Book of 2019
- What does Manifest Destiny mean?
- Women of the White Buffalo Trailer
- When was American great? Battle of Bad Axe Massacre
- Sand Creek Massacre: 04 Causes and Consequences - ...
- Amicus Briefs filed in Texas v. Bernhardt #ICWA
- Won’t Somebody Please Think of the Children
- DAKOTA 38 - Full Movie in HD
- Poet Layli Long Soldier reads from Whereas
- The Walker War
- Ghost Dance: A Symbol of Defiance
- 50th annual National Day of Mourning
- Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment
- Dear Georgina, the film
- Gold Chains: Slavery of California Natives, Child ...
- 10 books about residential schools to read with yo...
- Mass Sterilization: Reproduction on the Rez
- Eisenhower policy of "assimilation" led to adoption
- My Spirit is Still Here #MMIWG
- The Severed Heads Campaign
- Native American in newsrooms
- States Move to Add Native American History to Curr...
- Real Life Monster Andew Jackson
- Honor the Treaties: Why Treaties Matter
- Compensation owed for suffering of First Nations c...
- How adoption trafficking works: rooted to missiona...
- Honoring Dr. Suzan Harjo
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2018 (98)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (145)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
click to listen
Diane Tells His Name
where were you adopted?
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.