| Custody Fight Over Baby Veronica Enters New Courtroom news9.com KWTV |
Dusten Brown of Oklahoma has been fighting a South Carolina couple, Matt and Melanie Capobianco, for custody of Veronica. TULSA, Oklahoma -. An ongoing ...See all stories on this topic »
| Adoptive parents, birth father in Veronica case again appear in ... Charleston Post Courier |
The adoptive parents and the birth father of 4-year-old Veronica met again today ... Matt and Melanie Capobianco of James Island and Dusten Brown of Nowata, Okla., ... The measure allowed Brown to keep Veronica as his appeal is heard in ...See all stories on this topic »
- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- What is ICWA (2016)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Search This Blog
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Most READ Posts
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
By Trace Hentz Back in 2011, I posted a story on this blog about the book SUDDEN FURY and the grizzly murder of Maryland adoptive paren...
UPDATED Pine Ridge school’s Truth and Healing effort looks for long-sought answers Mary Annette Pember Oct 15, 2022 WARNING: This story con...
OBC ACCESS 2022
You are not alone
- ► 2022 (264)
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- ► 2019 (200)
- ► 2018 (97)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- Deconstructing the Baby Veronica Case
- Buying a Baby: Melanie Capobianco's testimony
- Dusten Brown sends message, "We will see you again...
- #Baby Veronica proceedings update
- Veronica's transfer to the Capobiancos
- VERONICA: a beautiful poem
- Cherokee Nation Principal Chief Bill John Baker re...
- [Birth Mother] First Mother Forum: Baby Veronica: ...
- If you didn't think it could get any worse, it jus...
- 'Baby Veronica' adoption case re-opens wounds for ...
- It's not over for #BABY VERONICA
- Facebook ablaze with #BABY VERONICA
- Dignified Dusten Brown, Father of Ronnie #BABY VER...
- BABY VERONICA Handed Over to Adoptive Parents
- No settlement #BABY VERONICA
- Nightlight: MANIPULATION of birth parents #BABYVER...
- Nighlight involved in this case too
- #BABYVERONICA headlines
- Nightlight Adoption Agency: Power Money and Corrup...
- What can a tiny baby know? The Hidden Life of an A...
- #Baby Desaray update #Nightlight
- SOVEREIGNTY: #BABYVERONICA doesn't need to be adopted
- Adoption Truth: Veronica Rose Brown - A Father's F...
- Adoption law in the U.S.: The True Villain in the ...
- Dumping adoptees? It's called The Child Exchange
- UN expert urges respect for the rights of Cherokee...
- Baby Veronica: How Dusten Brown could prevail in b...
- The Daily Bastardette: Demons of Adoption 2013: no...
- Cherokee say LETS KEEP VERONICA HOME
- Blow to sovereignty #BABYVERONICA
- Does adopting make people high?
- #BabyVeronica case back in court
- Selling Babies MUST Stop #BABYVERONICA #ADOPTION
- ▼ September (33)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (144)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
Diane Tells His Name
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.