- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- What is ICWA (2016)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Search This Blog
Friday, July 26, 2013
[Birth Mother] First Mother Forum: Adoptive parent shares thoughts on having returned a girl to her mother
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Most READ Posts
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
Evangelicals and right-wing organizations like the Goldwater Institute, have been leading the charge to get rid of the Indian Child Welfare ...
By Trace Hentz Back in 2011, I posted a story on this blog about the book SUDDEN FURY and the grizzly murder of Maryland adoptive paren...
OBC ACCESS 2022
You are not alone
- ► 2022 (200)
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- ► 2019 (202)
- ► 2018 (97)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- Civil Right Complaint Filed in #BabyVeronica Dispute
- New Roundtable: Will Veronica Become the Next Lost...
- “Baby Veronica” case back at the Court (UPDATED)
- CT Adult Adoptees want access to OBC
- An interview with Rhonda Noonan-Churchill
- Solomon's Child: Baby Veronica
- Baby Veronica’s Birth Mother Sues to Declare ICWA ...
- FAMILY PRESERVATION ADVOCACY: UPDATE on the Evil C...
- [Birth Mother] First Mother Forum: Adoptive parent...
- Resolutions FAVORING Indian Child Welfare Act
- Parents at odds; 1 little girl in the middle: The ...
- Update in #BabyVeronica Case
- GUEST POST: Levi EagleFeather Sr. "You Belong to Me"
- Cherokee Nation court grants joint custody of Baby...
- NCAI, NICWA, NARF statements #BABYVERONICA
- #BabyVeronica Press Release
- Baby Veronica Press Conference — 1 PM Eastern Today
- NICWA Responds to SC Supreme Court Decision on Bab...
- Adoption Order Exacts Toll on Baby Veronica's Family
- NCAI STATEMENT ON BABY VERONICA
- ICWA dismantled puts other Native kids at risk #B...
- Breaking News: Baby Veronica
- Adopted or Abducted: Dan Rather Reports
- '60s scoop' survivors back in Toronto court
- Birth Mother Speaks in Baby Veronica Case: Analysis
- Adoption Trafficking Awareness Event July 20
- In response to the Wash Post and Christy Maldanado...
- Birthmother of Baby Veronica : give her to adoptiv...
- Baby Veronica and the fight to preserve Native Ame...
- South Dakota tribes to reinvent foster care
- Update on Baby Girl proceedings #BABY VERONICA
- GUEST POST: Levi EagleFeather Sr.
- Facebook page WHO AM I goes viral with adoptee photos
- Drama over Baby Veronica goes on (UPDATED)
- Baby Veronica Case updates
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (144)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
Diane Tells His Name
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.