- How to Open Closed Adoption Records for Native American Children (updated 2021)
- LOST CHILDREN BOOK SERIES
- NEW! Help for First Nations Adoptees (Canada)
- Split Feathers Study
- The reunification of First Nations adoptees (2016)
- You're Breaking Up: Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl #ICWA
- FAQ ICWA 2016
- Indian Child Welfare Act organizations
- About the Indian Adoption Projects
- How to Search (adoptees)
- Soaring Angels (UPDATE 2020)
- THE PLACEMENT OF AMERICAN INDIAN CHILDREN - THE NEED FOR CHANGE (1974)
- NEW: Study by Jeannine Carriere (First Nations) (2007)
- NEW STUDY: Post Adoption (Australia)
- Dr. Raven Sinclair
- Laura Briggs: Feminists and the Baby Veronica Case...
- Bibliography (updated)
- Adopt an Elder: Ellowyn Locke (Oglala Lakota)
- TWO NATIONS: Navajo (Boarding School)
- Survivor Not Victim (my interview with Von)
- Adoption History
- Native American News Outlets
- First Nations Repatriation Institute
- FREE REGISTRY (sign up at ISRR)
- Genealogy\Indian Affairs 2021
- About Trace
How to Use this Blog
Search This Blog
You are not alone
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Buffy Sainte-Marie Tiny Desk Concert
Canada's Residential Schools
The Justice Department is protecting the names of many perpetrators of abuse of Indigenous children.— Charlie Angus NDP (@CharlieAngusNDP) July 8, 2021
We need a special independent prosecutor who can force the government and church to turn over the documents.
There can be no reconciliation without justice.@MumilaaqQaqqaq pic.twitter.com/5TL6OxKM5O
This is a map of every residential "school" site in Canada.— Mumilaaq Qaqqaq (@MumilaaqQaqqaq) June 24, 2021
Every dot is a crime scene.
Only a few have been investigated so far.
Canada, do not get used to these numbers.
Do not let them become statistics.
Put yourselves in the shoes of these children in the ground. pic.twitter.com/5XJS1w1ka2
Most READ Posts
Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy | Bill Addresses Cultural Genocide Caused by Indian Boarding SchoolsLost Sparrow movie/all are adoptees For about 100 years, the U.S. government supported a system of boarding schools where more than 100,00...
Editor NOTE: This is one of our most popular posts so we are reblogging it. If you do know where Michael Schwartz is, please leave a com...
Kevin Ost-Vollmers and Shelise Gieseke at Land of Gazillion Adoptees Blog said Feb. 26th begins BLOG WEEK to answer this question: “Why ...
I could on for an hour about this but I won't. Fathers have rights and this time, a father got his daughter back af...
Facts About Adoption You Won’t Hear from Adoption Professionals Every November we post accuracy about the effects of adoption on the adopt...
Eric Schweig Born: Ray Dean Thrasher on 19 June 1967 Inuvik , Northwest Territories , Canada Occupation Actor/Artisan/...
This incredible interview with Jennifer Lauck, author of FOUND, struck a chord with me. Please read it: http://www.examiner.com/open-ado...
Evangelicals and right-wing organizations like the Goldwater Institute, have been leading the charge to get rid of the Indian Child Welfare ...
White Earth Nation welcomes adoptees home by Dan Gunderson , Minnesota Public Radio October 5, 2007 Listen to feature audio This w...
- The Danger Ahead
- Adoptee Rights and other disturbing news
- Sec Haaland, other leaders testify at U.S. Senate ...
- Oversight Hearing on "Volume 1 of the Department o...
- The toxic system of adoption!
- Clean Bill for Louisiana Adoptees!
- Cycle of Pain | Survivors of the ’60s Scoop await ...
- '60s Scoop survivor Marylou Fonda on trying to fin...
- Dark Winds on AMC | Rutherford Falls Season Two (N...
- First Wolastoqey nation in Canada to ratify its ow...
- Priest charged
- Standing Rock tribal member named Miss Minnesota
- Portraits of 1960s scoop survivors
- Ancestors Know Who We Are
- Two Manitoba First Nations search former residenti...
- Behind the Mask #60sScoop
- Residential Schools: Canada’s Indigenous Shame | B...
- Canada’s Residential School Legacy | Fly On The Wall
- One Year after Kamloops Discovery of Unmarked Graves
- Healing, remembrance as former boarding school cru...
- A life, a history, an author: S.P. Joseph Lyons sh...
- The U.S. Army has begun 5th disinterment at Carlisle
- 6 books on Canada's residential schools recommende...
- Hearing on Abuse of Native American Children | Bre...
- Alaska’s ‘failing, dangerous’ foster care system
- Adoption Abortion Stem Cell Debate
- Buffy Sainte-Marie Tiny Desk Concert
- Find a Shelter in Indian Country
- around twitterland
- Showing Up in Support of Indigenous 2S+/LGBTQ+ Sur...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2021 (258)
- ► 2020 (107)
- ► 2019 (202)
- ► 2018 (97)
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (198)
- ► 2015 (175)
- ► 2014 (168)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (144)
- ► 2010 (52)
What our Nations are up against!
To Veronica Brown
Veronica, we adult adoptees are thinking of you today and every day. We will be here when you need us. Your journey in the adopted life has begun, nothing can revoke that now, the damage cannot be undone. Be courageous, you have what no adoptee before you has had; a strong group of adult adoptees who know your story, who are behind you and will always be so.
Did you know?
Diane Tells His Name
where were you adopted?
The truth is that it is a very lucrative business with a known sales pitch. With profits last estimated at over $1.44 billion dollars a year, mothers who consider adoption for their babies need to be very aware that all of this promotion clouds the facts and only though independent research can they get an accurate account of what life might be like for both them and their child after signing the adoption paperwork.
Original Birth Certificate Map in the USA
Why tribes do not recommend the DNA swab
Detailed discussion of the Bering Strait theory and other scientific theories about the population of the modern-day Americas is beyond the scope of this essay. However, it should be noted that Indian people have expressed suspicion that DNA analysis is a tool that scientists will use to support theories about the origins of tribal people that contradict tribal oral histories and origin stories. Perhaps more important,the alternative origin stories of scientists are seen as intending to weaken tribal land and other legal claims (and even diminish a history of colonialism?) that are supported in U.S. federal and tribal law. As genetic evidence has already been used to resolve land conflicts in Asian and Eastern European countries, this is not an unfounded fear.